User Name
Password

Old 20th Oct 2006, 09:27 AM # 1
Delphy
Admin
Moomoo award winner 

609 Thanks in 5 Posts

Default Downloads prior to 10th June 2006 - ALL PLEASE READ

Hunter's EDIT: Since it seems like most people don't scroll down to see the the updated information I've created a new post here.

Hi All,

Overnight a filesystem corruption on the partition table that holds all of the old threads copied across from MTS2 unfortunately wiped out all of the files and thumbnails for all downloads prior to June 10th 2006.

In order to facilitate possible recovery of this filesystem, I have moved all threads and posts for these items into a private area here on the site and will be working to recover them.

This means that currently: Any downloads prior to this date will be inaccessable at this time

It is unknown if the corruption can be fixed at this time. Please be patient and await an update, but you should consider as a worst case scenario that anything currently not accessable to stay that way.

I apologise for this happening, and luckily the new drive for the fileserver that holds all of the new SexySims2 downloads hasn't been affected (it's a new drive, whereas the old one was moved from the old fileserver which had been active for about a year and a half as the MTS2 server) so all of the great items since then are still available.

Again, apologies for this and I'll update soon with the progress.

Regards
Delphy
Last edited by Hunter240x : 24th Oct 2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old 20th Oct 2006, 01:32 PM # 2
lil_bitty_butt
Exhibitionist

655 Thanks in 38 Posts

Holy crap!
I wish you all the luck in restoring the old ones Delphy!
Like my dad says when he's about to start on something difficult: "Pray for the best and prepare for the worst"
Old 20th Oct 2006, 03:07 PM # 3
gazania
Amateur in Home Movies

That stinks. Hope you can get everything back up ... intact ... soon.

I guess in the meantime, if someone really wants a particular item or skintone, but it was part of the corrupted bunch, maybe they can request it on this forum and someone can send it to them (keeping e-mail addies in the PM section, of course). Of course, if the original creators have a copy of their submissions, they can put it back on here, too. Maybe we can rebuild some of this stuff.
Old 20th Oct 2006, 04:48 PM # 4
mcoll86
Peeping Tom

i wish him luck to, as partitions are a tricky beat to deal with. unfornatuly in my time trying to rebuld some that kind stuff, its major pain, and isnt worh doing in the end result as partiation is know small thing to deal with. that good. if he can get it, great often if ther something wrong with it at least for me there near impossbile to fix.. agian has delphy said it depends wher exactly the issue is. hopefully its not in the mbr of the partiation table, your lost ueally if that the case im my time dealing wth them. the best idea almost is like the last post, instead of delphy trying to deal with the files at least maybe throws that have files before the date listed can give the site a copy or the creators could be kind enough to resend a copy. Delphy might have enugh to just do nornamal retinue stuff of the site, plus trying to rebluid the partiantion table and saving the threads and what not. good luck i hope for the best and parpared for the worst to.
Old 20th Oct 2006, 05:47 PM
ladiewhspr
This message has been deleted by Hunter240x. Reason: contact the creator
Old 20th Oct 2006, 06:17 PM # 5
MSN
Virgin

Please note: You must have View Adult Content enabled, and be over 18 to access many features on this site. You can check this in the Edit Profile screen.

Alternativaly, it could be due to one of several other reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features, view adult content or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.
You are trying to access an area that is restricted to Adults Only. Please read the note above.
Log Out Home

What is this?
Old 20th Oct 2006, 08:40 PM # 6
budgiewing
Virgin

It is exactly the message that shows up when go to some threads of the downloads section. I have registered just yesterday and for me as a frequent visitor and enthusiastic new member of the mts site it is really painful to see this site in such a state. Hope you'll get it fixed soon! By the way: If there is something wrong especially with my account here, just let me know.
Old 20th Oct 2006, 08:58 PM # 7
Claeric
Virgin

>_<

I JUST signed up for something yesterday, and now its completely vanished from the internet.

>_<
Old 21st Oct 2006, 12:10 AM # 8
GrantMSterling
Virgin

Default Ouch

So Sorry to hear about this. Souds like a lot of work.

On the bright side tough, I should think that most or all of these file could be re-uploaded frome members who had them on hand
Old 21st Oct 2006, 01:36 AM # 9
karen_34b
Virgin

Roger murmered something about if it was an ASUS motherboard RAIDing the disk drives whatever that is. He seemed to think it meant a disk could break down but the others carry on without it.

Hugs better

Karen
Old 21st Oct 2006, 02:09 AM # 10
memyrc
Peeping Tom

Default THAT Sucks

Ouch is right! But, sure could use reposts of the items for the Dome XXX in the meantime if possible. Good Luck Delphy
Old 21st Oct 2006, 05:56 AM # 11
Hell Fire
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_34b
Roger murmered something about if it was an ASUS motherboard RAIDing the disk drives whatever that is. He seemed to think it meant a disk could break down but the others carry on without it.

Hugs better

Karen

He's right (for the most part), RAID has a few modes and most of them are designed to cover drive failure. It doesn't have to be a hardware implementation either (Linux current software implementation is currently better then a lot of the cheap hardware RAID cards like those included on motherboards).

This would have required more then one drive dedicated to a particular storage set and can be quite costly depending on the RAID mode and capacity you need.

(I've put a little more then $3000AUD into harddrives and a RAID card in my fileserver alone (somewhere over $5000AUD total), but it's a beast and probably overkill for a site like this. (holds 1.5 TeraBytes (1024GB = 1 TB)))
Old 21st Oct 2006, 06:12 AM # 12
lulu
Crazed Sex Animal

Well pooh Delpy. That sucks, hang in there and best of luck lovie. xoxo lulu
Old 21st Oct 2006, 08:19 PM # 13
la_fenice
Virgin

Please note: You must have View Adult Content enabled, and be over 18 to access many features on this site. You can check this in the Edit Profile screen.

Alternativaly, it could be due to one of several other reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features, view adult content or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.
You are trying to access an area that is restricted to Adults Only. Please read the note above.
Log Out Home

What is this?
Old 21st Oct 2006, 08:28 PM # 14
la_fenice
Virgin

I am a girl of 28 years and I say that I cannot approach why I have less than 18 years why?
Old 21st Oct 2006, 08:47 PM # 15
Hell Fire
Virgin

Please read the OP, the server had a hard drive die and has corupted the data stored on it. (This includes downloads that were moved from MTS2, ones "uploaded" before the 10th of June. This is not a problem with your user account or account settings, the mods you're trying to view simply arn't there anymore)
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 01:39 AM # 16
lil_bitty_butt
Exhibitionist

655 Thanks in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_fenice
I am a girl of 28 years and I say that I cannot approach why I have less than 18 years why?

Honey, this question would be better in the help section than in the site news section. But I'll private message you and try to help. kk? No reply needed.
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 04:46 AM # 17
Twistersim
Virgin

Sorry it got messed up.... hope it works out. I really appreciate your hard work!!! Good luck Delphy! And thanks so much for taking the time to try and repair this.
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 05:50 AM # 18
shadav
Masturbator

good luck...if nothing else maybe the creators would be able to resubmit their works? obviously that's a lot of items to remember lol but hey *evil grin* it'll also give them an excuse to update the stuff for the new releases *hint hint* sorry couldn't resist!
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 10:04 AM # 19
Delphy
Admin
Moomoo award winner 

609 Thanks in 5 Posts

Hi All,

Unfortunately everything I've tried so far has failed completely so I'm unable to rebuild the drive or retrieve any data off it, which majorly sucks

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for this happening, and ask that creators please try and resubmit everything. At the moment all threads are stored in a special area which I will make publically accessable so that people can update with pics and files.

Again, apologies for this happening - it's out of my control but it really affects the site in a big way, so lets hope we can rebuild it to be even better

Regards
Delphy
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 10:24 AM # 20
Hunter240x

80932 Thanks in 190 Posts

Do not resubmit via the "Upload Items" menu option in your "User Options". Instead directly edit the orginal threads which you can find at http://sexysims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=476

(IMPORTANT: Read The Sticky)

Support the Creator

Download Content from their orginal Download Locations

The Orgy Rug Info/Videos

LP's The Writer's Well Forum
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 07:00 PM # 21
haza50
Virgin

Default Danke

Sehr gut
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 10:32 PM # 22
shadav
Masturbator

question....do you host yourself or are you hosted by someone?

a not so well known thing...most hosts do backups every few days or weekly of their entire server and stuff...if you contact your host they maybe able to restore a previous backup...any new data will be lost, but compaired to what was lost I don't think anyone would mind....
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 04:10 AM # 23
ange1face20
Masturbator

Bummer!! Hope you guys get things up and running again, and all goes well. Oh well, the site STILL ROCKS tho!!!
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 07:38 AM # 24
Tholu
Virgin

Default Can`t download the meshes of the Love Rug and the Blowjobchair!!!

Hello Everybody...

I wanted to download the meshes of the Loverug and the Blowjobchair, but the link doesn`t work...can anybody help me...greets trom Cologne!

Old 23rd Oct 2006, 09:31 AM # 25
eded
Virgin

Oh NO! I hope you can save all the precious files in the driveserver...
Good luck!